The Club aims to provide a club environment for all cyclists to enjoy the sport and pastime of cycling at both social and competitive level. All activities of the Club are available to all members to participate in. The Club will recognise and record all club records, standards and championship achievements by Club members and issue appropriate medallions/plaques and certificates from time to time, to members, to be presented at the Annual Prize Presentation.
1. The name of the Club shall be “Acme Wheelers (Rhondda) Cycling Club”. The Club colours shall be Royal Blue, Gold and White.
2. The Club shall be open to first claim members only and they shall be eligible for election to the Club Committee.
3. The Club subscription shall be determined annually at the Annual General Meeting and will be payable on the 1st January each year. New members joining after 30th September shall, upon payment of the annual subscription, be entitled to the privileges of full membership up to 31st December of the following year.
4. Members wishing to resign shall notify the Club Honorary Secretary, in writing, prior to 31st December in any year and until doing so shall remain in membership.
5. Voting at any meeting of members shall be by show of hands unless at least one member demands that a ballot be taken. A member is deemed to be anyone who has paid a subscription for the current calendar year, or is a Life Member.
6. Every member present shall have the right to vote at any Annual or Special General Meeting. The Chairperson of any meeting shall have an additional casting vote providing he/she voted as a member.
7. A Special General Meeting shall be called by the Honorary Secretary:
i. If directed to do so by the Committee;
ii. If requested by not less than 10 members, who shall make their application in writing to the Honorary Secretary, with the reasons for requesting the SGM.
8. No alterations to rules shall be made unless with the consent of a two thirds majority of members present at a General Meeting.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
9. The Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.) shall be held in January or such other time as the Committee deem appropriate. The AGM shall be conducted in accordance with Club Standing Orders for the conduct of the AGM.
10. Members will be informed of the date of the AGM. Members must notify the Hon. Sec. of any items they wish to be included on the Agenda NO LATER THAN 15 days before that date. This to be done in writing. Members will receive an AGENDA 10 days before the date of the AGM.
11. Any matter not on the Agenda of the AGM may be brought forward without notice subject to the consent of two thirds of the members present and voting, provided that it does not involve an alteration to the Constitution or any Rule.
Officers of the Club
12. The Officers of the Club shall comprise of:
• The President
• Vice Chairperson
• Honorary Secretary
• Honorary Treasurer
13. The Honorary Secretary shall take, or cause to be taken, minutes of all meetings of the Club and it shall be his/her responsibility to conduct the business of the Club in accordance with the instructions of the Committee.
14. The Honorary Treasurer shall keep proper accounts of the monies of the Club, such monies to be kept in a bank. No monies shall be drawn from the bank account except with the sanction of the Committee and upon the signature of two members, one of whom will be the Hon. Treasurer, the other to be confirmed by the A.G.M..
The Club’s financial year shall commence on January 1st and end on December 31st, after which date the Hon. Treasurer shall prepare a balance sheet and accounts for the year. These accounts shall be audited by a member of the Committee appointed at the previous A.G.M..
15. The Club shall be managed by a Committee (to include sub-Committee – membership could be from outside the General Committee) comprising of Officers of the Club and six members who shall be elected at the A.G.M. Any member who is an Event Secretary may attend Committee Meetings and hold full voting rights.
16. The Committee may also co-opt any member to the Committee at its discretion.
17. The Committee shall be quorate with five members present ( two must be Officers and one of these must be the Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson) and shall meet at such times as the Committee deem appropriate. The Committee have the power to fill any vacancies which may occur during the year. Such appointments will need to be confirmed at the next A.G.M..
18. Any member of the Committee who intends to be absent from any Committee meeting should make every effort to notify the Hon. Secretary of his/her intended absence.
19. The Chairperson is required to convene the Disciplinary Sub-Committee if he/she or the Hon. Secretary receives a written complaint relating to a member of the Club, alleging conduct detrimental to the Club.
20. Any member whose conduct is referred to the Disciplinary Sub-Committee shall have ten days notice of the meeting.
21. If the Disciplinary Sub-Committee uphold the allegation and impose a penalty the member will have the right to appeal to the Appeals Sub-Committee, providing he/she makes such a request in writing to the Hon. Secretary within ten days of receiving the penalty. The member will be entitled to a further ten days notice of the Appeals Sub-Committee meeting.
22. Where an expulsion or suspension is upheld the member will forfeit all rights and interests in the Club.
23. The Committee and sub-Committees shall have the power to decide upon all questions not provided for in these Rules. Their decision in such circumstances shall be final. Matters which are not covered in these Rules may be raised at an A.G.M. or S.G.M. in accordance with the Rules.
24. Life Members shall be deemed to be full members of the Club and shall be entitled to all the benefits associated with membership.
25. Proposals for Life Membership shall be decided upon by a sub-Committee made up of the following members:- Chair – Hon. Secretary – existing Life Members(five members to form a quorum).
Members of the Club who have paid the full contribution (including Life Members) are covered for third party liability only (excluding member against member) through the Club’s affiliation to the Cycling Time Trials and British Cycling (formally R.T.T.C & B.C.F.) whilst participating in Club and Open Events held under the jurisdiction of these bodies.
Club membership does not afford members personal insurance cover and members are strongly advised to take up membership of either Cycling Touring Club (CTC) or British Cycling (BC) both of which ensure personal insurance at a chosen level. Information relating to either organisation can be obtained from the Hon. Secretary or rom the appropriate web site.